Strawberry matcha bubble tea is a delightful fusion of two distinct flavors. The earthy richness of matcha green tea is balanced beautifully by the sweet and vibrant notes of ripe strawberries. Strawberry popping pearls add a fun twist, while creamy milk or dairy-free alternatives provide a smooth finish. This refreshing drink is not only visually appealing with its vibrant green and red hues but, also a delicious blend of flavors that will leave you wondering why you haven’t tried this soon!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons of Bauble Boba Ready-to-Eat Strawberry Popping Pearls
- 1.5 tablespoons of Bauble Boba Matcha Mix
- 2.5 tablespoons of Bauble Boba Strawberry Syrup
- 75-100 ml of non-sweetened liquid milk or milk alternative that can be frothed
- 500 ml cup
- 3 bowls
Let's Get Cooking!
Prepare the Strawberry Ice Cubes (prepare couple hours in advance)
1. Make the Strawberry Liquid:
In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of strawberry syrup with 150 ml of warm water.
2. Freeze the Strawberry Liquid:
Pour the mixture into your ice cube tray and place the ice cube tray into the freezer. In our Instagram/ TikTok video guide, we’ve opted to use a cute heart-shaped ice cube tray!
Prepare the Strawberry Popping Pearls and Syrup:
1. Pour the Popping Pearls into a Bowl
Pour the strawberry popping pearls from the bottle into a second bowl. Make sure to pour the strawberry juice that comes out back into the bottle to ensure that the remainder of the popping pearls in the bottle stay hydrated/ don’t deflate!
Prepare the Matcha Mix
1. Dissolve the Matcha Mix:
In a third bowl, mix the matcha powder with 200 ml of warm water. Stir until the powder is fully dissolved in the water.
Assemble the Drink
1. Add the Popping Pearls and Strawberry Syrup:
Place the strawberry popping pearls at the bottom of the cup. Drizzle 1.5 tablespoons of strawberry syrup over top.
2. Add the Strawberry Ice Cubes:
Remove the strawberry ice cubes from the freezer and place them gently into your cup. Ensure not to throw them in to the cup, so that they don’t pop the fragile strawberry popping pearls underneath.
3. Pour the Matcha in:
Pour the matcha into the cup over the ice cubes to cool the drink.
4. Frothe and Layer on the Milk/ Milk Alternative:
Frothe your milk or milk alternative and pour it slowly onto the top of the drink.
5. Snap a picture of your beautiful drink!
6. Mix your Drink and Sweeten to Taste:
Mix all the layers together and enjoy!
Adding more matcha mix: Makes the drink more flavorful.
Adding more unsweetened milk/ milk alternative: Lessens the sweetness of the drink + makes it more creamy.
Adding more strawberry syrup: Sweetens the drink + makes it taste more fruity.